Junior Member

Default Conditional Formatting Under Multiple Conditions

How can I use conditional formatting to catch the error in Job Order 99801256 that has dept Cut and it should be Mold.I would need to use a wild card such as 9980*

Job Order Department
66105648 Cut
66102548 Cut
66102356 Cut
99805678 Mold
99806547 Mold
99806598 Mold
99801256 Cut
34565897 Trim
34569874 Trim
34568796 Trim
34568742 Trim

Last edited by Gene Haines : August 16th 19 at 01:49 AM
Junior Member

Default Conditional formatting with 2 conditions

1 Column, 2 Rules, 2 Conditions
Let’s assume that we have a set of different Sales Invoice data and we want to segregate invoices using conditional formatting which are either below or above $50,000. In order to achieve this, we need to follow the below steps:

Select the data range containing the invoice values, click on “Conditional Formatting” available on the “Home” tab.
Choose “New Rule” from the drop-down menu.
Choose the rule type “Format only cells that contain”. In the “Format only cells with” section, select “Cell Value” in the first drop-down box and “greater than” from the second dropdown. Write 50000 in the Value field.
Click “Format” to display the Format Cells dialog box, choose the format as per your liking.
Click “OK” for the formatting to come into effect.
After completing the above steps, the invoices having a value greater than $50,000 will be highlighted.
We have applied the first condition, now, we will move on to the application of the second condition.
The initial steps involved are exactly the same. We will again select the data range containing the invoice values then go to “HomeConditional FormattingNew rule”
Choose the rule type “Format only cells that contain”. In the “Format only cells with” section, select “Cell Value” in the first drop-down box and “less than” from the second dropdown. Write 50000 in the Value field.
Click “Format” to display the Format Cells dialog box, choose the format as per your liking.
Click “OK” for the formatting to come into effect.
The final result will be the highlighted invoice values that are either greater or lower than $50,000.

Let me know if this gave you some insights.

Regards,
Jerry

Last edited by jerry_maguire : December 28th 20 at 07:48 AM