Junior Member

Default Toggle button for hide/unhide columns

I have looked in all kind of forums but unfortunately I had no chance finding the solution for my problem..
Being a absolute beginner in Excel I need someone to help me.
I use Excel 2010 and I need to do next task..

I have a table with 8 rows and 10 columns. I have to create a toggle button to show only certain columns.
For example.
If in B2, B5, B9 etc.. says "FINISHED", and in B1, B3,B4,B6 says "NOT FINISHED" I need the toggle buttons that when clicked only shows entire columns with these perimeters...
Anyway, I have attached screenshot of what I was thinking...
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Am Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:28:21 +0000 schrieb user_excel1:

I have looked in all kind of forums but unfortunately I had no chance
finding the solution for my problem..
Being a absolute beginner in Excel I need someone to help me.
I use Excel 2010 and I need to do next task..

I have a table with 8 rows and 10 columns. I have to create a toggle
button to show only certain columns.
For example.
If in B2, B5, B9 etc.. says "FINISHED", and in B1, B3,B4,B6 says "NOT
FINISHED" I need the toggle buttons that when clicked only shows entire
columns with these perimeters...
Anyway, I have attached screenshot of what I was thinking...

|Filename: toggle_button.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1024|

why don't you filter by these values?

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Senior Member

Location: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_excel1 View Post
I have looked in all kind of forums but unfortunately I had no chance finding the solution for my problem..
Being a absolute beginner in Excel I need someone to help me.
I use Excel 2010 and I need to do next task..

I have a table with 8 rows and 10 columns. I have to create a toggle button to show only certain columns.
For example.
If in B2, B5, B9 etc.. says "FINISHED", and in B1, B3,B4,B6 says "NOT FINISHED" I need the toggle buttons that when clicked only shows entire columns with these perimeters...
Anyway, I have attached screenshot of what I was thinking...
Yup. Filtering would be so much easier. But if you wanted it in a code:

Sub HideFinishedColumns()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

a = Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For b = a To 1 Step -1
If Cells(b, 8) = "F" Then
Rows(b).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True