Junior Member

Default Find & Sort

Hi All,

Very casual Excel user here.

I'm trying to accomplish two tasks with a spreadsheet containing roughly 2k email addresses: find & sort by company name(via @companyemail address).

I don't have the company name listed in a separate cell, so I can't sort by company name. I only have First, Last, and email address.

Ideally, I want my Find query to be easily sorted so I can access all email address from a specific company.

Hope this make sense.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by skyholden : January 8th 13 at 04:06 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyholden View Post
Hi All,

Very casual Excel user here.

I'm trying to accomplish two tasks with a spreadsheet containing roughly 2k email addresses: find & sort by company name(via @companyemail address).

I don't have the company name listed in a separate cell, so I can't sort by company name. I only have First, Last, and email address.

Ideally, I want my Find query to be easily sorted so I can access all email address from a specific company.

Hope this make sense.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to do with this, but I'll punt a guess at you needing to extract the company names from email addresses in a list.

If this is the case you could either use the "text to columns" option with the @ as the separator or use a formula to extract the part of the email address between the @ and the . to give you just the company name.

If I've completely missed the point here then feel free to explain a little more.

If either of the above sound like what you need then just say and I'll help out further.