Junior Member

Default Summary of Amounts by Date

Hi there everybody. I am new to this group and would appreciate a little guidance. I have created a Spreadsheet for my Partner and on the second tab I would like to total her spend by Month. Could anyone please guide me on how to total by the dates in the first Sheet.

Thanks very much Richard

I have attached the spreadsheet
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sarah.zip (28.7 KB, 86 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Am Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:30:55 +0000 schrieb gelert64:

Hi there everybody. I am new to this group and would appreciate a little
guidance. I have created a Spreadsheet for my Partner and on the second
tab I would like to total her spend by Month. Could anyone please guide
me on how to total by the dates in the first Sheet.

in column A of sheet Monthly Breakdown:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(Summary!$A$2:$A$200)=COLUMN()),--(Summary!$E$2:$E$200))
and copy to right

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

or do it with Pivot-Table. Date in rows and group for year and month

Regards
Claus Busch