Junior Member

Default Auto Date sorting

I'm fairly new with excel,

To anyone with any suggestions, attached is a small sample of my spreadsheet.

On it is a list of events with accompanying dates, as seen not all events have dates.

Is it possible to compile in columns J a list of events with accompanying dates in column K in date order (for the M data column), so that if a date or event should change or be added the list automatically adjusts for this change (if that makes any sense)?

Its in Excel 2013, would this make a difference?

George
Attached Images

Last edited by ForensicsTJ : September 30th 12 at 10:33 PM
Member

Location: Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicsTJ View Post
I'm fairly new with excel,

To anyone with any suggestions, attached is a small sample of my spreadsheet.

On it is a list of events with accompanying dates, as seen not all events have dates.

Is it possible to compile in columns J a list of events with accompanying dates in column K in date order (for the M data column), so that if a date or event should change or be added the list automatically adjusts for this change (if that makes any sense)?

Its in Excel 2013, would this make a difference?

George

Hi,

See attached if it helps.
It was created in Excel 2007 but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work in Excel 2013 (Although I am yet to see what it looks like).

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,
Prashant Kumar Pathak
Attached Files
File Type: zip Check.zip (7.4 KB, 85 views)
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_n_bub View Post
Hi,

See attached if it helps.
It was created in Excel 2007 but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work in Excel 2013 (Although I am yet to see what it looks like).

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,
Prashant Kumar Pathak
Thanks for that Prashant, It gave the dates in reverse order ( I wanted nov 2012 before jan 2013) so I changed large for small and it seems to have worked wonders