Junior Member

Default Min, Max

Good day...
Im just new in using ms excel 2007.
Please help me this scenario.

How to get the min and the max in this table base on the names on column A and time on column B.

Column A Column B

James 7:00 AM
James 8:55 AM
James 5:30 PM
Cameron 7:00 AM
Cameron 5:15 PM
George 8:56 AM
George 9:30 AM
George 11:00AM
George 2:59 PM

The resulting table will look like this

Column A Column B

Cameron 7:00 AM
Cameron 5:15 PM
George 8:56 AM
George 2:59 PM
James 7:00 AM
James 5:30 PM

I know it will be easy to you Excel Experts as for me.... it gives me hell of head ache.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Jonz,

Am Sat, 14 Jul 2012 09:29:30 +0000 schrieb jonz erazol:

How to get the min and the max in this table base on the names on column
A and time on column B.

Column A Column B

James 7:00 AM
James 8:55 AM
James 5:30 PM
Cameron 7:00 AM
Cameron 5:15 PM
George 8:56 AM
George 9:30 AM
George 11:00AM
George 2:59 PM

try:
=MIN(WENN(A1:A100="Cameron";B1:B100))
and
=MAX(WENN(A1:A100="Cameron";B1:B100))
enter both formulas with CTRL+Shift+Enter

Or try it with Pivot-Table - drag names into rows and time two times to
values and choose for time max and min

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Jonz,

Am Sat, 14 Jul 2012 15:54:54 +0200 schrieb Claus Busch:

try:
=MIN(WENN(A1:A100="Cameron";B1:B100))
and
=MAX(WENN(A1:A100="Cameron";B1:B100))
enter both formulas with CTRL+Shift+Enter

sorry that I posted the formulas in German. Here now in English:
=MIN(IF(A1:A100="James",B1:B100))
and
=MAX(IF(A1:A100="James",B1:B100))

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 09:29:30 +0000, jonz erazol wrote:

[...]

If a different layout would be OK, you could use a Pivot Table.
Label each column: for Example Names Times

Insert / Pivot Table

Drag Names to Row Labels
Drag Times to Values
Change Value Field Settings to Min