Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
meddington

Default Adjusting one data set based another

I'd like to compare two sets and report a result that shows how one data
set would plot if related to the other set (sorry, I know that's poorly
worded). Here's an example:

Sample #1 Sample #2
25% 0.26 25% 0.264
30% 0.31 30% 0.317
35% 0.36 35% 0.365
40% 0.41 40% 0.426
45% 0.45 45% 0.5
50% 0.51 50% 0.569
55% 0.56 55% 0.644
60% 0.62 60% 0.72
65% 0.69 65% 0.779
70% 0.75 70% 0.835
75% 0.84 75% 0.901
80% 0.93 80% 0.968
85% 1.03 85% 1.049
90% 1.12 90% 1.108
95% 1.24 95% 1.194
100% 1.4 100% 1.242

So, in the above data for example, at 50%, sample #1 reports 0.51 in
sample #1 and 0.56 in sample #2.

What I want to do is create a formula that compares sample 1 to sample
two and gives me the dot percent value where sample one needs to be to
equal sample two. For example for 50%, sample #1's value of 0.51 would
equal a percent value around 46%, as this is the area that a value of
0.51 would occur. Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

meddington
meddington's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27012
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=429071