johnexcel

Default Changing a cell referent in a formula several at a time...

I have a workbook with 10 worksheets all which I use a fomrula that
references a page called data. How can I change a cell reference linked
to another page on several same type formulas without having to go to
each formula and change that specific reference to a cell? For example,
the formula now reads =IF(+data!B16=3,C16,"") and I now want all the
formulas to reference the column a in place of b instead?
=IF(+data!A6=3,C16,"") do I have to do this individually ? Any help
greatly appreciated...
JE

--
johnexcel
johnexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26600

Cutter

Use the Find - Replace All feature

First - MAKE A BACK-UP COPY OF YOUR FILE JUST IN CASE!!!!!

Go to Edit - Find (or do Ctrl+F)

In the "Find what" area type: =IF(+data!B

Select Formulas in the "Look in" drop down list

Click on Replace

In the "Replace with" area type: =IF(+data!A

Now click Replace All

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848