Sue.M

Default updated Excel sheet from my sent items and cannot find

I retrieved from my sent box an Excel spreadsheet then updated it, saved it,
and now cannot locate it. Please help.
gls858

Sue.M wrote:
I retrieved from my sent box an Excel spreadsheet then updated it, saved it,
and now cannot locate it. Please help.

right click on the start button select search then enter *.xls
Make sure that the drive you want to search is selected in the
box below the seach parameters.

Another possibility is that you made the changes to the
attachment in the e-mail. Just reopen the e-mail and open
the spreadsheet to see if the changes are there.

gls858
Anne Troy

Sue: Don't edit files that are in emails. Always detach first. Open ANY
other Excel file from an email and hit File-Save as. Look in THAT list
(OLK...something) for your file. See... it gets saved in a temporary folder
in your Outlook data store (or something), and when you open it again, it
becomes overwritten, so I think you're SOL. ALWAYS save attachments to the
local PC before working on them. :)
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com