rozzamareea

Default How do I convert .txt files into .xls in order to be able to sum.

I receive via e-mail a statement that I need to resort by date , purchase
order and total by department, etc. The process I have been using is to copy
and paste into Excel. However, when I try to sum the $ is will not sum.

Is there some other way of converting this statement that I receive via
e-mail into Excel, so that I can resort and sum?

I am using Excel 2002 and my e-mail browser is Mozilla.
Anne Troy

You might be able to use File--Open, and then let the Text Import Wizard
help. Otherwise, you could use the "data isn't recognized" fix he
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"rozzamareea" wrote in message
I receive via e-mail a statement that I need to resort by date , purchase
order and total by department, etc. The process I have been using is to
copy
and paste into Excel. However, when I try to sum the $ is will not sum.

Is there some other way of converting this statement that I receive via
e-mail into Excel, so that I can resort and sum?

I am using Excel 2002 and my e-mail browser is Mozilla.

gls858

rozzamareea wrote:
I receive via e-mail a statement that I need to resort by date , purchase
order and total by department, etc. The process I have been using is to copy
and paste into Excel. However, when I try to sum the $ is will not sum.

Is there some other way of converting this statement that I receive via
e-mail into Excel, so that I can resort and sum?

I am using Excel 2002 and my e-mail browser is Mozilla.

Just a guess but the field is probably formatted as text even
though it shows a $ sign high lite the $col right click and
format as currency.

gls858