MNicholas

Default Auto complete?

Never really delved all that much into Excel before - not to this level any
way so Im hopeing someone can hold my hand through this. It should be an
easy one for someone:
I am trying to design a simple order form. If I enter a product code into
column A, I want it to fill in the product description, pack size and price,
in columns B, C & D leaving me just to fill in the total quantity in column E.

Then at the end, it should just have a list of the products my customer has
ordered in a nice printable page for the sales dept to process. (I can
probably do the aesthetics and simple calculations)

Hope this makes sense.

Kind Regards.

JethroUK©

You will first need a data sheet listing all the products you have:

Code - Desc - Pack - Price

Then on your order form sheet use VLookup function for the Desc - Pack -
Price columns based on whichever code you type in

"MNicholas" wrote in message
Never really delved all that much into Excel before - not to this level

any
way so I'm hopeing someone can hold my hand through this. It should be an
easy one for someone:
I am trying to design a simple order form. If I enter a product code into
column A, I want it to fill in the product description, pack size and

price,
in columns B, C & D leaving me just to fill in the total quantity in

column E.

Then at the end, it should just have a list of the products my customer

has
ordered in a nice printable page for the sales dept to process. (I can
probably do the aesthetics and simple calculations)

Hope this makes sense.

Kind Regards.

Excel_Geek

This should get you started...using simple vlookups, referencing a table
of all product codes and associated info, you can do this fairly
simply.

I used the if(isblank()) formulas to keep the page clear if nothing is
selected.

Let me know if you need more help.

|Filename: For_ MNicholas.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3704 |

Excel_Geek

Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396989

MNicholas

Just a quick line to say Thank You! With your very kind help, and the use of
a tutorial randomly found at
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...cle.asp?ID=446 I have done
it.

Thanks again JethroUK© & Excel_Geek.