ElNino

Default Need help - OS Commerce & Excel

Hello.

I had a similar thread that didn't really get the results I wanted, so
I guess I'll start a new one over and clarify a few things this time.

I have a store online built with osCommerce. I am using a contribution
called Easy Populate to insert/update items in my store. Easy Populate
generates a tab-delimited text file of all the items in my store with
the proper table structure that is needed for it to import to my site.

My distributor supplies me with a .csv file with all of their products
and their wholesale prices which I can download from their site on a
daily basis. This .csv file does not have the proper table structure.

'Examples of these files'
(http://www.hurricanecomp.com/files/examples.zip)

What I need is a step-by-step guide on how I can make a VB/Excel
program that will download the .csv file from my distributor's site
(also need instructions on how to add future distributors) and download
the text file from my site (the distributor's site has a login page
before you are given access to the .csv download, and my site has a
direct link to download the text file) and combine them into a single
file with the proper format to insert new products, delete products
marked as discontinued(ing), and update the prices in my store's
catalog. All of the prices should be updated according to the following
table for my retail margin:

$1-50 - 25% (Cost/.75)
$51-75 - 20% (Cost/.8)
$76-100 - 15% (Cost/.85)
$101+ - 10% (Cost/.9)

If anyone knows how to do this, or knows a good book or something that
will guide me along the right path, I would be thrilled!

--
ElNino
ElNino's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25725

Mike

Go to www.half.com and enter
visual basic
If you are new to programming I suggest an illustrated guide
http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cg...659&pr=2021058
http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cg...0735&pr=302712