Junior Member

Default how to write a formula

How can I write a formula where inches equals dollars?
1.2" x 5.5" = $4.44
Bob Phillips

Presumably you have the first length in one cell, the second in a another
and the dollar rate in a third, then it is simply

=A1*B1*C1

and format as currency

--

HTH

RP

"grammy2" wrote in message

How can I write a formula where inches equals dollars?
1.2" x 5.5" = $4.44

--
grammy2

Route2391

make sure the cells do not contain the " <---inches mark or it will
treat the cell as a string

I got a lot of my begginer help on this site... cool
They teach you by making a, Time sheet, Invoice and cheek book from
scratch on Windows media Player very cool

www.MDOTutorials.com

--
Route2391
Route2391's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26774