Aza

Default Pictures in excel

This is probably a dumb question, but I have looked everywhere to no
avail. Is there a way to copy a picture from an excel document to a
folder in it's original format (i.e. .jpg .gif). I have found how to
copy to word and power point but nothing on returning an image to it
original format .Please help.

--
Aza
Aza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26104

David McRitchie

Hi Aza,
There was a question similar to this just last week.
With Excel 97 or later you have what is called round-tripping
so that you can start in an office application and convert to HTML
or another office application and come back to the original,
hence round-trip back to it's original look and feel (but much bigger).

Publish the workbook, then look in a file with the same name
as the workbook original.xls look for a folder like original_files
in there you can look for your .jpg file though it will have been
renamed to a number from 001.

BTW, before you publish it as a web page be sure to save your
Excel file first so that any change you made will be saved.
---
HTH,

"Aza" wrote in message ...

This is probably a dumb question, but I have looked everywhere to no
avail. Is there a way to copy a picture from an excel document to a
folder in it's original format (i.e. .jpg .gif). I have found how to
copy to word and power point but nothing on returning an image to it
original format .Please help.

--
Aza
Aza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26104
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=394334

CLR

You can copy to Paint Shop Pro and save as .jpg, or .gif, or any other type
that you want..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Aza" wrote in message

This is probably a dumb question, but I have looked everywhere to no
avail. Is there a way to copy a picture from an excel document to a
folder in it's original format (i.e. .jpg .gif). I have found how to
copy to word and power point but nothing on returning an image to it
original format .Please help.

--
Aza
Aza's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=394334

Andy Pope

This addin may help. It will allow you to export pictures, autoshapes
charts and cell ranges.
http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm

Cheers
Andy

Aza wrote:
This is probably a dumb question, but I have looked everywhere to no
avail. Is there a way to copy a picture from an excel document to a
folder in it's original format (i.e. .jpg .gif). I have found how to
copy to word and power point but nothing on returning an image to it
original format .Please help.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info