greenstone

Default can you count the number of letters (inc spaces) in a single sell

I have a spreedsheet which has 3000 rows. Each cell has a different amount
of words in it... ie ABC Learning Centre Ferrymead.

Is it possible to count the number of characters (letters) including spaces
in each cell??? (please note each cell has a different number of letters in
it)... or do I have to do this manually? none of the help options seem to
help me...

Thanks
PF Wannabe

use the formula =len()

--
PF Wannabe
PF Wannabe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25798

Gordon

"greenstone" wrote in message

I have a spreedsheet which has 3000 rows. Each cell has a different
amount of words in it... ie ABC Learning Centre Ferrymead.

Is it possible to count the number of characters (letters) including
spaces in each cell??? (please note each cell has a different number
of letters in it)... or do I have to do this manually? none of the
help options seem to help me...

Thanks

Just out of pure curiosity, can I ask why you need to do this?