Steve

Default This is really bugging me now!

Hi
I have a excel doc (2003 verson) which has names and addresses in different
cells, all the text is in CAPS, i need it to be in Proper case. I have tried
=Proper(cell) and it comes up with #vaule? I dont know what to do so any
suggestions would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Steve
Niek Otten

What exactly is in your cell? What is the address? In which cell do you
enter what formula?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi
I have a excel doc (2003 verson) which has names and addresses in
different
cells, all the text is in CAPS, i need it to be in Proper case. I have
tried
=Proper(cell) and it comes up with #vaule? I dont know what to do so any
suggestions would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Bill Ridgeway

You could -
import data into Word
<Edit<Select all<Format<Change case to change it into 'sentence
case' or 'lower case'.
import data back into Excel

You will need to check it over and correct any funnies but that will take
the hard work out of the operation.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi
I have a excel doc (2003 verson) which has names and addresses in
different
cells, all the text is in CAPS, i need it to be in Proper case. I have
tried
=Proper(cell) and it comes up with #vaule? I dont know what to do so any
suggestions would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Steve

in column A is Title ie MR/MRS, B is First names, C is initials, D is
surname, E is Account name, F is Address 1, G is Address 2 and H is Address
3. I have entered =Proper(A1:H252) in cell H253. I dont know if this will
make any difference to what im trying to do but all the cells have quotes
before and after the text ie "STEVE".

steve

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi
I have a excel doc (2003 verson) which has names and addresses in
different
cells, all the text is in CAPS, i need it to be in Proper case. I have
tried
=Proper(cell) and it comes up with #vaule? I dont know what to do so any
suggestions would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Niek Otten

PROPER works on one cell only. First concatenate all the cells you need
(with spaces in-between) in I1:

=A1&" "&B1&" "&C1&" "&D1&" "&E1&" "&F1&" "&G1&" "&H1

and use =PROPER(I1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten