Lost

Default Is excel available to download for free or must I purchase?

Where can I download excel..
Michael

Hi Lost
Usually from your local software retailer. Excel isn't available "Free".
However, you can download an Excel viewer to look at files but they can't be
edited
Do a Google for Excel viewer.
Alternatively, look at downloading Open Office, which is free and has a
spreadsheet component for Excel.
HTH
Michael Mitchelson

Where can I download excel..

RagDyer

Here is a link to the MS Office free download site, where XL reader is
available.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/000/viewers.asp

--
HTH,

RD

"Lost" wrote in message
Where can I download excel..

Amedee Van Gasse

Lost shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.newusers:

Where can I download excel..

What do *you* mean by "free":

* free as in free beer (gratis): no, but you can find relatively cheap
copies on Amazon.com. Take care not to buy an OEM version because those
are illegal to sell.
* Free as in Free speech (libre): no, Excel isn't, never was, and
probably will never be Free Software. If you are interested in a Free
(or Open) spreadsheet, try OpenCalc from OpenOffice:
http://openoffice.org. You can download it (80MB, free(gratis)) or
order installation disks (Free(libre) but not free(free)).

--
Amedee Van Gasse