littleps

Default value reference to a certain cell

I have created a table with some items of goods (A2:A6), proper unit of
measures (B2:B6) and prices (C2:C6). Then I created a drilldown list of
goods (A2:A6) thru VALIDATION function in cell E2. I would like UOM and
PRICE in cells F2 and G2 to appear automatically like values in cells
B2 and C2, i.e. I want UOM and PRICE referenced correctly while
choosing any item of goods in cell E2. Appeciate your advice or help in
giving a link to resolving the issue. Tks.

|Filename: e.g..jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3616 |

littleps
littleps's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25482
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389340

Anne Troy

Perhaps you want something like this:
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"littleps" wrote in
message ...

I have created a table with some items of goods (A2:A6), proper unit of
measures (B2:B6) and prices (C2:C6). Then I created a drilldown list of
goods (A2:A6) thru VALIDATION function in cell E2. I would like UOM and
PRICE in cells F2 and G2 to appear automatically like values in cells
B2 and C2, i.e. I want UOM and PRICE referenced correctly while
choosing any item of goods in cell E2. Appeciate your advice or help in
giving a link to resolving the issue. Tks.

|Filename: e.g..jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3616 |

littleps
littleps's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389340

Bob Phillips

F2: =VLOOKUP($E2,A2:C6,2,False)
G2: =VLOOKUP($E2,A2:C6,3,False)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"littleps" wrote in
message ...

I have created a table with some items of goods (A2:A6), proper unit of
measures (B2:B6) and prices (C2:C6). Then I created a drilldown list of
goods (A2:A6) thru VALIDATION function in cell E2. I would like UOM and
PRICE in cells F2 and G2 to appear automatically like values in cells
B2 and C2, i.e. I want UOM and PRICE referenced correctly while
choosing any item of goods in cell E2. Appeciate your advice or help in
giving a link to resolving the issue. Tks.

|Filename: e.g..jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3616 |

littleps
littleps's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389340

littleps

Anne Troy and Bob Phillips,

Your info is very helpful and understandable :) . Thank you for quick
help. I am really happy that I've learnt some more about excel.
Rgds....Pavel

--
littleps
littleps's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25482
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389340

Anne Troy

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate it. :)
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"littleps" wrote in
message ...