Lynn Bales

Default Using INDEX w/MATCH to get data from unsorted source

I am trying to add data from one sheet to another that is unsorted. The
formula I'm using:

=INDEX('Differences'!$A2:$F$2000,MATCH($A2,'Differ ences'!$A$2:$A$5000),6)

So according to instructions
MATCH matches the data in $A2 to similiar data in the Differences tab column A
then Index will print whatever is in the column 6 of the differences tab.

However, what's going on is that correct data is not getting into this cell.
When I evaluated the formula, the match is not matching the correct value.
KL

Hi Lynn,

Try this:

=INDEX('Differences'!$A2:$F$2000,MATCH($A2,'Differ ences'!$A$2:$A$5000,0),6)

you need to use the 3rd argument in the function MATCH if you want to find
exact match.

Regards,
KL