Andrew Lau

Default Date

I input the date (A1) cell is 15-Jan-05, how to make the date value(A2) cell
is plused 3 months, the function is????
aristotle

=EDATE(A1,3).

Analysis Toolpak needs to be installed for this to work: Tools - Addins -
Analysis Toolpak. Install the toolpak before inserting the function.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a
habit.

"Andrew Lau" wrote:

I input the date (A1) cell is 15-Jan-05, how to make the date value(A2) cell
is plused 3 months, the function is????

Niek Otten

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3,DAY(A1))

Note that you may get unexpected results, like when A1 is Nov 30

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Andrew Lau" <Andrew wrote in message
I input the date (A1) cell is 15-Jan-05, how to make the date value(A2)
cell
is plused 3 months, the function is????

Adrian M

If you want the last day of the month, x months forward, you could also use
EOMONTH (as mentioned in other posts it needs the Analysis Toolpack loaded).
Can look at http://www.auditexcel.co.za/date.html to see how to use the Date
functions and other another page shows how to load the Analysis Toolpack.