-   -   Holiday Pay (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/35707-holiday-pay.html)

johnrann

Holiday Pay

How do I set up a spreadsheet to get an average of the last 12 weeks
pay. This is obviously a rolling figure changing from week to week.

--
johnrann
johnrann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25295

Barb Reinhardt

I assume you have observations for each week of pay. Use the SUMIF
function. I don't have time to find other links for you. I'm sure someone
else can.

"johnrann" wrote in
message ...

How do I set up a spreadsheet to get an average of the last 12 weeks
pay. This is obviously a rolling figure changing from week to week.

--
johnrann
johnrann's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387815

Bob Phillips

Assuming the data is in A1:A100, use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LARGE(A1:A100,ROW(INDIRECT("1:12")))))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"johnrann" wrote in
message ...

How do I set up a spreadsheet to get an average of the last 12 weeks
pay. This is obviously a rolling figure changing from week to week.

--
johnrann
johnrann's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387815

Sandy Mann

John,

To get the average - rather than the SUM - then with your data starting in
A1, in row 12, (any column), try:

=SUM(OFFSET(A1,0,0,12,1))/12

and copy down the column

--
HTH

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"johnrann" wrote in
message ...

How do I set up a spreadsheet to get an average of the last 12 weeks
pay. This is obviously a rolling figure changing from week to week.

--
johnrann
johnrann's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387815

Sandy Mann

=SUM(OFFSET(A1,0,0,12,1))/12

or simply:

=AVERAGE(OFFSET(A1,0,0,12,1))

--

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
John,

To get the average - rather than the SUM - then with your data starting in
A1, in row 12, (any column), try:

=SUM(OFFSET(A1,0,0,12,1))/12

and copy down the column

--
HTH

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"johnrann" wrote

in
message ...

How do I set up a spreadsheet to get an average of the last 12 weeks
pay. This is obviously a rolling figure changing from week to week.

--
johnrann
johnrann's Profile:

View this thread: