denisesnews

Default If cell is blank, then cell is red

I am an Excel 2002 User. I am trying to create a sheet that has the cell I9
blank. I want the cell to be red for a user to see it and once they fill it
text in that cell, the cell will turn white with the black text. something
like = (IF(ISBLANK(I9)),then cell red, the rest I don't know. Please help
asap... Thanks!!!
Anne Troy

Hi! You need conditional formatting on cell I9.
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_ excel.htm

Your formula:

=isblank(I9)

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"denisesnews" wrote in message
I am an Excel 2002 User. I am trying to create a sheet that has the cell

I9
blank. I want the cell to be red for a user to see it and once they fill

it
text in that cell, the cell will turn white with the black text.

something
like = (IF(ISBLANK(I9)),then cell red, the rest I don't know. Please

help
asap... Thanks!!!

ScottO

Try using Conditional Formatting - it's in the Format Menu.
Select Cell I9.
Go Format/Conditional Formatting
Where it says "Cell Value Is", click the drop down and select "Formula Is".
In the next box type =ISBLANK($I$9)
Then click the Format.. button, select the Patterns tab, and click red.
That should do it.
Rgds,
ScottO