onesonya

Default How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.

I am trying to do a materials costing sheet where I would like to be able to
periodically increast the base cost of the product by different percentages.
E.g. Cost of Apples $10.00 but might be increased by 5% then 2.5% and
therefore the base cost would keep changing. I know how do first % increase
but not how to then use that figure as the base figure for future
adjustments. Thanks for amy help. I am very new to this.
Anne Troy

You could put a % in one cell. Select the cell and give it a name by
Insert--Name--Define. Call it "increase".
Then, in the cell where you put the first increase, just change the formula
from =A1*1.05 to =A1*1.05*increase
Or something like that. :)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"onesonya" wrote in message
I am trying to do a materials costing sheet where I would like to be able

periodically increast the base cost of the product by different

percentages.
E.g. Cost of Apples $10.00 but might be increased by 5% then 2.5% and
therefore the base cost would keep changing. I know how do first %

increase
but not how to then use that figure as the base figure for future
adjustments. Thanks for amy help. I am very new to this.

onesonya

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP BUT WHAT I NEED IS SOMETHING THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO
CHANGE THE BASE RATE A1 AND MAKE THAT THE NEW AMOUNT TO THEN ADD OTHER
PERCENTAGES.

EG

APPLE COST $1.00
10% RISE NOW COST $1.10 (NEW BASE FIGURE)
5% RISE NOW COST $1.15 (BECOMES BASE FIGURE)
7.5% $1.24.

I APPRECIATE THE TIME YOU TOOK TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.

SONYA