Carter Devereaux

Default What exactly is the purpose of a data form?

I'm studying Excel and just completed learning about data forms. Out of
curiousity, what might be some types of applications/examples for using this
feature?
Anne Troy

Creating purchase orders or invoices or quotes.
Employment applications or reviews.
Anything you would normally fill out by hand can be done with a data form.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Carter Devereaux" wrote in
message ...
I'm studying Excel and just completed learning about data forms. Out of
curiousity, what might be some types of applications/examples for using

this
feature?

Debra Dalgleish

Using the DataForm feature can make it easier to enter data into a
table in Excel, or find an existing record.

It's a nice feature for users who don't have the time or programming
skills to create their own UserForms.

You could also try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free
add-in that allows combo boxes, and unlimited fields.

http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Tom Ogilvy

If the OP is talking about Data=Form in the menu, then I wouldn't see an
application for the things you cited. It is pretty specific to updating a
Database/list/table in an excel sheet. Yours sounded more like a userform.

Tom Ogilvy

news:6bd9e$42c724e2$97c5108d$11659@allthenewsgroup s.com...