DazMan

Default Changable Pricelist

Hi All,

I was wondering if Excel can do something like the following:

I am trying to design a price list for our computer store.

For example if we are selling 3 different packages, I would like to be
able to click on a drop down box and click on which package the
customer is looking at, and when I do this, listed should show all the
products in the system build to make up to the final sell price of that
particular build.

If a customer then wants to change to a 19" LCD monitor instead of a
17", we should be able to click a dropdown box under the header
Monitors, and click the 19" model, which should in turn change to total
price accordingly. Same should apply in they click no monitor; it
should then deduct any monitor pricing from the total build price.

Can Excel do this, and is it easily achievable?

Thanks

DazMAn

--
DazManPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

CLR

Yes, it's "doable"..........no, it's not easy.
It's a project,..... and the developer would have to know all sorts of
things about your business to make it work, product lists, descriptions,
pricing, etc. If this is something you would undertake yourself, then start
in, and by all means, come back as needed with specific problems and we'll
be glad to assist.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"DazMan" <DazMan.1ri3jm@ wrote in message

[...]

RagDyer

And a good place to start on this subject is to check out Debra Dalgleish's
web site at:

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

And scroll down to the D's, and read all the pages on "Data Validation",
which is one approach of doing what you might be looking for, although maybe
not exactly.

If you would be willing to sacrifice some of the functionality that you
described, you could probably come close and do it yourself.
--
HTH,

RD