ashley

Default how do i cancel the type blocking in the cell?

i'm using Excel,
for some reason, i can not type longer than i could in the cell. even though
there is room to fill, the program keeps me from typing in the same cell why??
Gord Dibben

ashley

Your description of a perceived problem is too vague to do anything but guess
at a solution.

What prevents you from typing in more text? Do you get an error message
telling you to stop or similar?

Perhaps you have Data Validation in that cell or cells?

When you type do you see the text in the cell or does it disappear under the
cell to the right?

Perhaps you have a space in the adjacent cell?

Provide a sample of the text you are typing and at what point does it become
shortened.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP