mjstizzle

Default linked data

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
In a pre-existing form with a drop-down box containing multiple text
selections, I am trying to link the selection of that drop down box to
auto-fill the rest of a form. (For example, when I select a name from a
drop-down box, the associated phone number and address would automatically
appear in their respective boxes on the form)
Max

One way via VLOOKUP ..

Assume you have the reference table below in say, Sheet2, cols A to C

Name Tel Add
N1 T1 Add1
N2 T2 Add2
N3 T3 Add3
N4 T4 Add4
N5 T5 Add5
etc

Suppose your form is in Sheet1,
where A1 contains the DV to select the names: N1, N2, N3 ...

To retrieve the associated Tel #, use:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:C,2,0)

To retrieve the associated Address, use:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:C,3,0)

--
Rgds
Max
"mjstizzle" wrote in message
Thanks in advance for the assistance.
In a pre-existing form with a drop-down box containing multiple text
selections, I am trying to link the selection of that drop down box to
auto-fill the rest of a form. (For example, when I select a name from a
drop-down box, the associated phone number and address would automatically
appear in their respective boxes on the form)

Max

"mjstizzle" wrote:
Thanks so much, a big help.

You're welcome !

Is there a reference for expressions (like !, as
used in !A:C) that is easily accessible?

"Sheet2!A:C" is simply a range reference to the entire cols A to C in the
sheet named as: Sheet2

Perhaps try Excel's Help on: "About cell and range references"
--
Rgds
Max