DianeMcP

Default Collecting and exporting data

I've tried postings this same question 3 hours ago, and I have yet to see it
in the list of posts.....so I'm doing it again.

Working in Excel 2002/XP, I have one file (Tasks) with multiple worksheets
(Areas of Responsibility) with all the same column headings (Name, What,
Start, Deadline).

I want to be able to pull/extract the complete row of information from all
worksheets for a specific Deadline date, and have it show up in a new
worksheet.

Can this be done? How?

Thanks
--
Diane
Gary's Student

A possible simple solutin is to use Data Filter on each of the source
worksheets to select the desired deadline rows. Then , for each source
worksheet, copy the visible rows and paste them into the destination sheet.

If this task needs to be accomplished more than once, a macro could automate
it.
--
Gary's Student

"DianeMcP" wrote:

I've tried postings this same question 3 hours ago, and I have yet to see it
in the list of posts.....so I'm doing it again.

Working in Excel 2002/XP, I have one file (Tasks) with multiple worksheets
(Areas of Responsibility) with all the same column headings (Name, What,
Start, Deadline).

I want to be able to pull/extract the complete row of information from all
worksheets for a specific Deadline date, and have it show up in a new
worksheet.

Can this be done? How?

Thanks
--
Diane

DianeMcP

Thanks for posting a reply. My original post finally showed up "Data from
several worksheets" shown on the forum index, and I'm trying their
suggestions. Bernie suggested the Data | Filter option too.
--
Thanks,
Diane