Cheeky Monkey

Default Excel Picture Sizing

Afternoon All,
Can someone please tell me how to insert a picture and have it fill the
size of the cell I'm inserting into?

Currently when I insert a picture it pretty much fills the screen.

Apologies if this is a stupid question :)

--
Cheeky Monkey
Cheeky Monkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24243

Ken Macksey

Hi

Try this code originally from Tom Ogilvy. Replace cell B9 with the cell you
want to use.

Range("B9").MergeArea.Select
Set pic = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("C:\Pictures\Sample.jp g")
pic.Height = Range("B9").MergeArea.Height
pic.Width = Range("B9").MergeArea.Width

HTH

Ken

Ken Wright

First off reduce the size of your pictures. :-)

Then when you have pasted it in, click on it such that the resizing handles
appear, then holding down the ALT key, drag it into the cell in question and
then resize it to fit. The ALT key will allow you to fit it to the exact
cell dimensions very easily - Try it and you'll see what I mean.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Cheeky Monkey"
wrote in message
news:Cheeky.Monkey.1qkg2j_1118667918.5293@excelfor um-nospam.com...

Afternoon All,
Can someone please tell me how to insert a picture and have it fill the
size of the cell I'm inserting into?

Currently when I insert a picture it pretty much fills the screen.

Apologies if this is a stupid question :)

--
Cheeky Monkey
Cheeky Monkey's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378511

Ken Macksey

I would recommend backing up all your original photos to a cdr or cdrw first
as they
are. Once you resize them, you lose the quality of the image if you try to
make them bigger again later.You can also save them in a compressed jpg
format to keep the image size the same but save some disk space. You will
still suffer some image quality loss however. Remember, once you lose the
original image, you can't get it back, so I never work with my originals.

Always with a copy of the original..Then you can always start over if
something goes terribly wrong.

Ken