MotherB

Default Drop Down Menus in Toolbar

I am a new Excel user. My husband has a drop-down menu next to his AutoSum
that allows access to Sum, Average, count, Min and Max. I don't have access
to that menu. Is that about the version I am running or can I add it?
Jim Rech

That feature has been in Excel since Excel 97.

--
Jim
"MotherB" wrote in message
|I am a new Excel user. My husband has a drop-down menu next to his AutoSum
| that allows access to Sum, Average, count, Min and Max. I don't have
access
| to that menu. Is that about the version I am running or can I add it?

Debra Dalgleish

This feature was added in Excel 2002, so if your version is earlier than
that, it won't be available:

Building formulas faster
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...346041033.aspx

MotherB wrote:
I am a new Excel user. My husband has a drop-down menu next to his AutoSum
that allows access to Sum, Average, count, Min and Max. I don't have access
to that menu. Is that about the version I am running or can I add it?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Jim Rech

My bad!

--
Jim
"Jim Rech" wrote in message
| That feature has been in Excel since Excel 97.
|
| --
| Jim
| "MotherB" wrote in message
||I am a new Excel user. My husband has a drop-down menu next to his
AutoSum
|| that allows access to Sum, Average, count, Min and Max. I don't have
| access
|| to that menu. Is that about the version I am running or can I add it?

motherb

When I look at my system, it appears that I am running Excel 2003. Just for
the record: is that "button" there in versions after 2002 or does it have to
be added? I know I sound like a simpleton, but I'd rather ask.....Thanks for
your help.

MotherB wrote:
I am a new Excel user. My husband has a drop-down menu next to his AutoSum
that allows access to Sum, Average, count, Min and Max. I don't have access
to that menu. Is that about the version I am running or can I add it?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

If you have Excel 2003, that button should be available on the standard
toolbar. Have you customized your toolbars? If not, you could try a reset:

Choose ToolsCustomize
On the Toolbars tab, select the Standard toolbar
Click the Reset button
Click OK to confirm
Close the Customize dialog box.