-   -   How do I stop cells from expanding? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/28345-how-do-i-stop-cells-expanding.html)

frodomojo

How do I stop cells from expanding?

Hey all. Just got Excel 2003, and have a real basic question.

I'm working in large files with very long cells, and everytime i click into
one to edit it, it expands to take up almost the entire screen. Problem is, i
need to look at cells in other columns, and this is a huge pain. How do i get
it to stop?

Thanks in advance!

Peo Sjoblom

If it is the formula bar that bothers you can turn it off temporarily under
viewformula bar

Peo Sjoblom

"frodomojo" wrote in message
Hey all. Just got Excel 2003, and have a real basic question.

I'm working in large files with very long cells, and everytime i click
into
one to edit it, it expands to take up almost the entire screen. Problem
is, i
need to look at cells in other columns, and this is a huge pain. How do i
get
it to stop?

Thanks in advance!

Naz

Don't double click, edit the cell in the formula bar.

--

_______________________
Naz,

"frodomojo" wrote:

Hey all. Just got Excel 2003, and have a real basic question.

I'm working in large files with very long cells, and everytime i click into
one to edit it, it expands to take up almost the entire screen. Problem is, i
need to look at cells in other columns, and this is a huge pain. How do i get
it to stop?

Thanks in advance!

frodomojo

That did it! Ah....that's so much better.

Thanks!