bgamble77

Default merging data

I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I
need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info
from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the
"shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help!
Ragdyer

Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion:

Explore the use of links.

Have all WBs open.
Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy".
Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master" WB.
Right click in this cell and choose "PasteSpecial".
Click on "PasteLink".

Now, any change to the "original" cell will be mirrored in the "Master" WB.
--
HTH,

RD

"bgamble77" wrote in message
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily.

need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the

info
from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the
"shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help!

RagDyer

Appreciate the feed-back.

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion:

Explore the use of links.

Have all WBs open.
Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose

"Copy".
Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master" WB.
Right click in this cell and choose "PasteSpecial".
Click on "PasteLink".

Now, any change to the "original" cell will be mirrored in the "Master"

WB.
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-