Curt

Default Where do I start

I have to create a PC order form for customers to order new PC equipment. I
have only done simple excel spreadsheets. What I am looking to do is once a
customer chooses say a Latitude D810; all the options for that particular
laptop will appear. Any help will be appreciated.
--
Thanks
Bill Ridgeway

I have thought of doing something similar. Even on a limited range of
hardware there are a number of possibilities and permutations. Added to
that is the fact that product ranges and prices are continually changing
giving yet further possibilities and permutations. I came to the conclusion
that it was not worth continually updating the database. Instead I opted for
a basic comprehensive check list of components (by type). This needs to be
updated only when, for instance DVD drives began to be required. The list
ensures that all possible components are considered when working up a
costing. (It is better to decide that something is not wanted than to
overlook it and find out later). Individual quotes are made with reference
to this list and the detail (40Gb HDD, 80Gb HDD etc) and price added as
required. If you are in the UK don't forget to include VAT in the final
price!

This approach may not be useful, however, if you have a large volume of a
small range of products but you'll have to take a view on that!

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions