Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Launching from a cell

Hi,

Does anyone know of a simple way to launch spreadsheet copy from a cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Check out VBA help on worksheet events..........specifically rightclick or
doubleclick events.

Or post with some details of your needs and perhaps you can get a tailored
resolution.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 13:20:49 -0500, Jennifer wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a simple way to launch spreadsheet copy from a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks for responding Gord. What I'd like to do is when the total sum
of one spreadsheet is completed, I'd like to program that cell to launch
a copy of that spread sheet and carry over that total to the copied sheet.

Gord Dibben wrote:
Check out VBA help on worksheet events..........specifically rightclick or
doubleclick events.

Or post with some details of your needs and perhaps you can get a tailored
resolution.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 13:20:49 -0500, Jennifer wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a simple way to launch spreadsheet copy from a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

By "spreadsheet" I will assume you mean "worksheet" in a workbook.

When a certain cell contains a final total determined by you or by a calculated
value you want the sheet copied?

What part or parts of the sheet do you want copied? Do you want to create a
copy of the sheet with no data................like a template?

You speak of carrying over the total to the copied sheet........if you copied
the entire sheet then the total would go with it................right?

So what exactly are you asking for?

Gord

Gord Dibben wrote:
Check out VBA help on worksheet events..........specifically rightclick or
doubleclick events.

Or post with some details of your needs and perhaps you can get a tailored
resolution.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 13:20:49 -0500, Jennifer wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a simple way to launch spreadsheet copy from a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Oops. I meant "worksheet". Exactly. I would like to launch a template
with the formatted cells in place and only carry over the final total to
the template.

Thanks again Gord.

Gord Dibben wrote:
Check out VBA help on worksheet events..........specifically rightclick or
doubleclick events.

Or post with some details of your needs and perhaps you can get a tailored
resolution.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 13:20:49 -0500, Jennifer wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a simple way to launch spreadsheet copy from a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I would like to get this right but I am old and thick so not enough detail for
me.

Do you have a current workbook you could send to me?

change phnorton to gorddibb for my address.

Gord