Junior Member

Default ON OPEN VBA Code input incorrectly now excel sheet wont open

I recently placed a new code in my on open macro to protect the sheets. I must have entered it wrong. Now I cannot open the excel file. I really need to open this workbook and get important data.

Is there a way to open the excel file without a macro running on open? Maybe convert it to a non macro running file so I can remove the bad code then make it back to macro enabled.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin View Post
I recently placed a new code in my on open macro to protect the sheets. I must have entered it wrong. Now I cannot open the excel file. I really need to open this workbook and get important data.

Is there a way to open the excel file without a macro running on open? Maybe convert it to a non macro running file so I can remove the bad code then make it back to macro enabled.
I figured it out. I went to the RUN program and found the excel exe file and added /s after it to run it in safe mode. I removed the bad coding and now it opens without error