Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Reverse Row Order?

I have a file where each row contains data about a geographic
location. The order they are in is south to north. I now have a need
to reverse the order. That is have them now list north to south.
Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One easy way
Insert a column to the left of the data
input 1 in the first cell
input 2 in the second cell
input 3 in the third cell

copy this down so that the number continually increase

Sort the new column and the orginal data by the first column in descending
order.
--
Wag more, bark less

"trvlnmny" wrote:

I have a file where each row contains data about a geographic
location. The order they are in is south to north. I now have a need
to reverse the order. That is have them now list north to south.
Thanks for your help.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try this.

In the next column enter 1 and pull down to whatever, the end of the list.

Select both columns and sort Decending by the numbered column. Delete
numbered column.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"trvlnmny" wrote in message
I have a file where each row contains data about a geographic
location. The order they are in is south to north. I now have a need
to reverse the order. That is have them now list north to south.
Thanks for your help.

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlnmny View Post
I have a file where each row contains data about a geographic
location. The order they are in is south to north. I now have a need
to reverse the order. That is have them now list north to south.
Thanks for your help.
Assuming you have the data in Column A (south to north).

try this

In cell B1 enter 1
In cell B2 enter 2
Select B1:B2
Move cursor to Bottom right of range
you should get a + sign
Double click this cell handle
You should get a seq of numbers all the way
down as far as you data in column A.
Now select A1:B1
use ALT + D + S (data sort)
use descending order based on Column B