Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formula Help PLEASE!!!!

17 worksheets transferring data to a summary page complete! Except for....
I have J2 who's contents are 200, and I have L2 who's contents are 0 (until
someone enters something). Now I need to make M2 =J2-L2, BUT I need M2 to
stay 0 until someone enters a number into L2. When I put the formula into M2,
it of course says 200, but this looks really bad to the higher ups. Is there
any formula that I could use for this issue? Now M56 is the total of M2:M55
which I want to transfer to the summary page, but don't want it to have any
numbers until L2 is filled in. I hope I expalined this enough yet alone
right.
--
Thank You,
Wayne Cadigan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If I catch your drift, you could try this formula in M2:

=IF(L20,J2-L2,0)

It will look at L2 and if it is greater than zero (or empty) if will do the
J2-L2 and give you the result. Otherwise it will just display a zero.