Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default formula to convert 15 minute to hourly data

This formula should work:
=AVERAGE(OFFSET($B$2,(ROW(A1)-1)*3,,4))
this averages range B2:B5
copying down will automatically change it to:
=AVERAGE(OFFSET($B$2,(ROW(A2)-1)*3,,4))
which averages range B5:B8

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"penny" wrote in message news:...
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
I tried to use this and it works but how can I get the B2:B5 range to
begin
at the ending cell (i.e. B5) and calculate each subsequent range
accordingly.
My problem is that if I am averaging every 15 minute data for each hour I
would like for it to calculate B2:B5, B5:B8, B8:B11,etc...Any help would
be
much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10356248.aspx