Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default spreadsheet switches to bold involuntarily messing up figures

This is Microsoft Office 2003. I'm typing out end-of-year audit for
accountant. sometimes when I type in a number in the column,it changes to
bold automatically without me asking it to.This totally messes up the total
figure at the bottom of the column. what am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"lovely lavender lady" wrote:

This is Microsoft Office 2003. I'm typing out end-of-year audit for
accountant. sometimes when I type in a number in the column,it changes to
bold automatically without me asking it to.This totally messes up the total
figure at the bottom of the column. what am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you may have some kind of conditional formatting going on for
those cells perhaps.

The first thing I would try would be to hi-light all of the cells you are
typing your numbers in and format them to number or currency if they are
dollars and cents.