Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KRK KRK is offline

Default dates

hello,

How do I add 1 calendar month to a date, regardless of the number of days in
the month?

Thanks

KK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi
Maybe this : =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))
Change A1 for your needs.
HTH
John
"KRK" wrote in message
hello,

How do I add 1 calendar month to a date, regardless of the number of days in
the month?

Thanks

KK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"KRK" wrote:
How do I add 1 calendar month to a date, regardless
of the number of days in the month?

Depends on what you want for "one month after Jan 31", for example.

For most purposes, the preferred answer is Feb 28 (or 29 in leap years). In
that case, use EDATE(A1,1). If you get a #NAME error, see the Help page for
EDATE.

If Mar 2 (or 3) is acceptable, use DATE(YEAR(A1),1+MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Tue, 4 May 2010 12:50:44 +0100, "KRK"
wrote:

hello,

How do I add 1 calendar month to a date, regardless of the number of days in
the month?

Thanks

KK

Depends on what you mean.

What is Jan 31 + 1 month? in your specifications?

If the answer is Feb 28, then:

=MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1+{1,0},DAY(A1)*{0,1} ))

or

=edate(a1,1)

If the answer is Mar 3, then:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))