Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Border Limitations for Conditional Formats

Unfortunately, we have observed that the conditional format feature appears
to limit the choices for borders. For example, the user can select both
solid and broken line borders, but cannot modify the thickness of the
borders as you can when in the normal cell format dialog. Is there a way to
specify a conditional format that specifies a thicker border?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sub thickborders()
Select Case Range("a1").Value
Case Is = 1: mc = 4
Case Else
End Select
With ActiveCell
..Interior.ColorIndex = mc
..BorderAround Weight:=xlThick

End With

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Blue Max" wrote in message
Unfortunately, we have observed that the conditional format feature
appears to limit the choices for borders. For example, the user can
select both solid and broken line borders, but cannot modify the thickness
of the borders as you can when in the normal cell format dialog. Is there
a way to specify a conditional format that specifies a thicker border?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you, Don, for the code to set border thickness. However, how does
this work with Conditional Formats? Can a conditional formats call up a
macro? If so, is the macro applied to each cell included in the range for
the conditional format rule?

Finally, what is meaning of the line Case Is = 1: mc = 4

Thanks,

Richard

**********************

"Blue Max" wrote in message
Unfortunately, we have observed that the conditional format feature
appears to limit the choices for borders. For example, the user can
select both solid and broken line borders, but cannot modify the
thickness of the borders as you can when in the normal cell format
dialog. Is there a way to specify a conditional format that specifies a
thicker border?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It is in lieu of a macro which may not be called by CF. However, it can be
automatic if part of a worksheet_change event macro in the sheet module. IMO
it's better than cluttering up with CF. the case was to show the possible
ways to set the color. If all else fails

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software