Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Need to know how to set up a email profile

I want to email a spreadsheet of mine to my email box, but I keep getting a
popup saying "No profiles have been created. To create a new profile, use the
mail icon in the control panel" Where is the control panel? and the mail
icon.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I believe with EXCEL 2007 to send a workbook by email you need to have
Outlook set up for email even if it is not the default email client
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Alta" wrote in message
I want to email a spreadsheet of mine to my email box, but I keep getting
popup saying "No profiles have been created. To create a new profile, use
the
mail icon in the control panel" Where is the control panel? and the mail
icon.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
I believe with EXCEL 2007 to send a workbook by email you need to have
Outlook set up for email even if it is not the default email client

Not quite - it has to be an email client that has the full MAPI engine.
Outlook certainly does but so also does Mozilla Thunderbird and (I think)
Eudora.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try Ron DeBruin's sending email using CDO.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

Use example spreadsheet linked to the page.

--
Steve