Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KKD KKD is offline

Default Conditional Formatting for a Range

I want to apply my formatting to an entire range. I see there are several
similar questions posted already but I'm not having success with the answers
provided.

Here is what I am trying to do:

if AC4=W4 then format A4:AC4

I cannot get this formula to apply to my entire range down to row 2000 (If
AC5=W5 then format A5:AC5, and so on)
--
KKD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What version of Excel are you using?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"KKD" wrote in message
I want to apply my formatting to an entire range. I see there are several
similar questions posted already but I'm not having success with the
answers
provided.

Here is what I am trying to do:

if AC4=W4 then format A4:AC4

I cannot get this formula to apply to my entire range down to row 2000 (If
AC5=W5 then format A5:AC5, and so on)
--
KKD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Place the cursor in A4 cell and press Cntrl+Spacebar and now the total A
column will be getting selected and the A4 cell will have a white background.
Now hold the shift key and extend the selection upto AC Column. Follow the
below steps according to your excel version.

Excel 2003:-

1. Choose Format|Conditional Formatting
2. From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is
3. For the formula, enter

=$AC4=$W4

4. Click the Format button.
5. Select a font colour to match the cell colour.
6. Click OK, click OK

Excel 2007:-

1. On the Ribbon, go to the Home tab and click Conditional Formatting
2. Click New Rule
3. Click Use a Formula to Determine Which Cells to Format
4. For the formula, enter

=$AC4=$W4

5. Click the Format button.
6. Select a font colour to match the cell colour.
7. Click OK, click OK

(Ms-Exl-Learner)