Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default copying formulas with fill handle

I have two spreadsheets and want to link info from one sheet to another. I
have totals at the bottom of columns and I want to be able to put those
totals into another spreadsheet. I want to do this with the fill handle
instead of entering one by one.

I have totals in lets say B66,C66,D66 and so on. I want to be able to put
those numbers in the next spreadsheet in cells B11,B12,B13 and so on. B11
should equal B66 , B12 should equal C66 and so on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

EXCEL 2007

1. Highlight cells B 66 to D 66 in your first spreadsheet.

2. Ctrl-C to copy.

3. Go to next Worksheet and click in cell B11 then Home tab / Clipboard
group / Paste / Paste Special €“ in here select Values in Paste group (at top)
and Transpose (lower right hand corner) / OK.

Your totals will now be pulled in from the first Worksheet into cells B11 to
B13.

Thanks.

"Bob L" wrote:

I have two spreadsheets and want to link info from one sheet to another. I
have totals at the bottom of columns and I want to be able to put those
totals into another spreadsheet. I want to do this with the fill handle
instead of entering one by one.

I have totals in lets say B66,C66,D66 and so on. I want to be able to put
those numbers in the next spreadsheet in cells B11,B12,B13 and so on. B11
should equal B66 , B12 should equal C66 and so on.

Any help would be appreciated.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

See answer in workfunction newsgroup
No need to multi-post
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob L" wrote in message
I have two spreadsheets and want to link info from one sheet to another.
I have totals at the bottom of columns and I want to be able to put those
totals into another spreadsheet. I want to do this with the fill handle
instead of entering one by one.

I have totals in lets say B66,C66,D66 and so on. I want to be able to put
those numbers in the next spreadsheet in cells B11,B12,B13 and so on. B11
should equal B66 , B12 should equal C66 and so on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Bob, I did test that it worked before I posted and it did work.

I have just re-tested, on another Workbook, and repeated the process that I
have outlined, and it does work.

Maybe you have clicked something wrong somewhere along the way?

Perhaps worth another try?