Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default excel file size blew up

Using Excel to draw several versions of a diagram of a part of my house.
After one of my sessions the file size jumped to 29 mbytes! The file is only
solid & dotted lines, other formatting, no formulas. Also row height =12 and
column width set to 1.5. How do I find out what happened and get it back to
a few hundred kbytes?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try eliminating (deleting) on item at a time and changing the filename after
each change.

For example:
diagram 1.xlsx
diagram 2.xlsx
diagram 3.xlsx

Get aggressive until you find the component that is causing the trouble,
then go back to the original and remove only that component. Make sure that
you use a different filename each time so that you can recover any mistake
that you make.

---------