Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel 2003 Drop Down Box

I am attempting to create a drop down box in Excel, I have created a list in
a separate range but when I copy that range, it isn't the same in the Drop
Down box. Sounds like a formatting issue, but I can't seem to get the
correct symbols in my drop down box. help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PJ PJ is offline

To create a drop-down box you can use the Data-Validation facility. With
your range in,say, F1:F5, select the cell for the drop-down list and go to
DataValidationSettings. In the Allow box select List and in the Source box
put $F$1:$F$5 and OK.

"Brooklyn" wrote:

I am attempting to create a drop down box in Excel, I have created a list in
a separate range but when I copy that range, it isn't the same in the Drop
Down box. Sounds like a formatting issue, but I can't seem to get the
correct symbols in my drop down box. help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

DV dropdown boxes ignore formatting of the list range.

Your symbols will show up as plain text.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP