Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I convert text to "proper text"?

I am trying to convert the text from all caps to Caps and lower case better
known as proper text. I used the functions tab and then the formula auditing
box and then select show formula. After that I am lost. Please help

Thanks
Sunny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In A1 you have THIS IS SOME TEXT

In B1 you enter =PROPER(A1)

Returns This Is Some Text

See help on UPPER, LOWER and PROPER functions.

If you want to do this in-cell without the B1 helper cell you would have to
use VBA.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP