Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default write number amount convert to in words

... like for a cell content of 3,456 I want this to appear in text as '
Three thousand four hundered fifty six'. Is it possible through some Format
cell command in same cell or by copy - paste special type into a new cell ?
Thnaks,
Imran Murtaza
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Currency?

Here's two custom functions to get you started. One function for currency;
one for numbers only:
http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlnumberstext.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360

The second URL gives instructions how to load and use the function(s). Don't
follow the instructions too literally - copy and paste the code rather than
type :-)

--
Steve

"Imran Murtaza" <Imran wrote in message
.. like for a cell content of 3,456 I want this to appear in text as '
Three thousand four hundered fifty six'. Is it possible through some
Format
cell command in same cell or by copy - paste special type into a new cell
?
Thnaks,
Imran Murtaza

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Numbers to words
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/spellnumber.html
1E+15 Error (Absolute amount 999999999999999)! <<<<<
0,123 Zero Dollars and Twelve Cents (rounded)
-1 Minus One Dollar and Zero Cents
20,123 Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents (rounded)
-20,123 Minus Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents (rounded)
1,01 One Dollar and One Cent
1000001,01 One Million One Dollars and One Cent

http://www.contextures.com/excelfilesRon.html (VBA)
1E+15 #ZAHL!
0,123 No Dollars and No Cents
-1 #WERT!
20,123 Twenty Dollars and No Cents
-20,123 #WERT!
1,01 One Dollar and No Cents
1000001,01 One Million One Dollars and No Cents

1E+15 Hundred Fifteen Dollars and No Cents
0,123 No Dollars and Twelve Cents
-1 One Dollar and No Cents
20,123 Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents
-20,123 Hundred Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents

http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm
1E+15 Hundred Fifteen Dollars and No Cents
0,123 No Dollars and Twelve Cents
-1 One Dollar and No Cents
20,123 Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents
-20,123 Hundred Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents
1,01 One Dollar and One Cent
1000001,01 One Million One Dollars and One Cent

Please note that in German Excel the "," represents the "." but you
should get similar results.
IMHO any serious spellnumber function should check its inputs
thoroughly and all your suggested versions DON'T (to be fair to
XLDynamics, I did not check recently, so that's maybe an outdated
status of information).

from a post by Bernd Plumhoff
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Imran Murtaza" <Imran wrote in message
.. like for a cell content of 3,456 I want this to appear in text as '
Three thousand four hundered fifty six'. Is it possible through some
Format
cell command in same cell or by copy - paste special type into a new cell
?
Thnaks,
Imran Murtaza

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Follow the below link and download the MoreFuction Addin from that and run
the setup.

http://download.cnet.com/Morefunc/30...-10423159.html

After doing that open excel and goto

ToolsAdd-InsCheck the Morefunc(add-in Function)Ok

Then go to

InsertFunctionsSelect a CategorySelect MorefunSelect a
Funcion:Select NBTEXTOk. That's It!!!!

(Ms-Exl-Learner)