angie

Default How do you do 'if' statements?

On sheet 1, column B, Line 27, I have to enter 'M' or 'F'.
On sheet 1, column B, Line 28, I enter an age. '54'.
I need on sheet 1, column C, to populate the health rate based on the
criteria entered, 'M/F' and 'age'.
The health rates are on sheet 3.
Does this make sense?
Can anyone help me?
I am still learning this program.
Thanks
Sandy Mann

What do you mean by:

I need on sheet 1, column C, to populate the health rate based on the
criteria entered, 'M/F' and 'age'.

What form does the health rate take?

Regards

Sandy
--
to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"angie" wrote in message
On sheet 1, column B, Line 27, I have to enter 'M' or 'F'.
On sheet 1, column B, Line 28, I enter an age. '54'.
I need on sheet 1, column C, to populate the health rate based on the
criteria entered, 'M/F' and 'age'.
The health rates are on sheet 3.
Does this make sense?
Can anyone help me?
I am still learning this program.
Thanks

angie

I need on sheet 1, column C, to populate the health rate based on column B
line 26 and column B line 27 (the sex and age of the applicant).
The health rate chart is on sheet 3.
Does that make any more sense?

What do you mean by:

"angie" wrote in message
On sheet 1, column B, Line 27, I have to enter 'M' or 'F'.
On sheet 1, column B, Line 28, I enter an age. '54'.
I need on sheet 1, column C, to populate the health rate based on the
criteria entered, 'M/F' and 'age'.
The health rates are on sheet 3.
Does this make sense?
Can anyone help me?
I am still learning this program.
Thanks

Sandy Mann

Hi Angie,

It may make more sense to someone else but I'm afraid that it still leaves
me wondering (ie I don't know what a *health rate* is).

You say that you want to populate column C with the "health rate" and that
the health rate chart is on sheet 3. The use of a word *chart* makes me
think of a graph, is it a graph on sheet 3? Is it data items that you want
populated, (entered?) in column C? If so do they come from a table of data
in sheet 3 rather than a chart? If so how is the table laid out?

If it helps you can send me a sample workbook, just follow the instructions
under my signature. (But it getting fairly late at night here so I will
possibly not reply until tomorrow).

Regards

Sandy

--

"angie" wrote in message
I need on sheet 1, column C, to populate the health rate based on column B
line 26 and column B line 27 (the sex and age of the applicant).
The health rate chart is on sheet 3.
Does that make any more sense?

What do you mean by:

"angie" wrote in message
On sheet 1, column B, Line 27, I have to enter 'M' or 'F'.
On sheet 1, column B, Line 28, I enter an age. '54'.
I need on sheet 1, column C, to populate the health rate based on the
criteria entered, 'M/F' and 'age'.
The health rates are on sheet 3.
Does this make sense?
Can anyone help me?
I am still learning this program.
Thanks

angie

I believe I need a Sumproduct formula...do you know how to do those?

What do you mean by:

"angie" wrote in message
On sheet 1, column B, Line 27, I have to enter 'M' or 'F'.
On sheet 1, column B, Line 28, I enter an age. '54'.
I need on sheet 1, column C, to populate the health rate based on the
criteria entered, 'M/F' and 'age'.
The health rates are on sheet 3.
Does this make sense?
Can anyone help me?
I am still learning this program.
Thanks

Sandy Mann

Hi Angie,

For SUMPRODUCT try:

But don't you mean VLOOKUP? if so try the Excel Help files

HTH

Sandy

--

"angie" wrote in message
I believe I need a Sumproduct formula...do you know how to do those?

What do you mean by: