Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mz mz is offline

Default Formatting a number within a text formula

The following text formula includes a cell address for a number between the
two parts of the text. How would I format the number in currency format -
dollar sign and comma for thousands place.

Here is the formula with A1 referencing a number:

=When the value of the asset is above "&A1&", then depreciate the asset"
--
MZ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

="we need about " & TEXT(A1,"$#,##0.00") & " to start work"

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001